Thursday, May 29, 2014

Adverbs



Today in class, Mrs. Yollis gave us a manifold of choices for grammar. I decided to do a blog post on adverbs. Like Mrs. Yollis says, an adverb adds to a verb.



Most adverbs end in ly. Here are a few example sentences that I made up:



*Aarna dressed up neatly in her crib, for she had to go to Babies R Us to buy a few items.

* Aarna walked quietly, but quickly to the wonderful store for babies.

* The two year old toddler astutely picked out the baby foods she needed.

* Baby Aarna promptly paid the clerk the amount of the items she had bought, she wanted to get home and go to bed since she was tired.

*When Aarna got home, she lazily got into her crib and fell fast asleep.







A few adverbs can be a little irregular. Here are some examples of them:


*Tomorrow was the last day of school.  When is the last day of school? Tomorrow.

*I always wake up late on weekends.    When do I wake up late on weekends? Always.

*The mouse scampered away when I tried to catch it. Where did the mouse run? Away.



If you want to learn more about adverbs, go to my classmate, Keira's post on adverbs.


What is another way to remember an adverb?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Aashi,

    What a fabulously written post! I'm sure that Aarna will look fondly upon this post when she can read. I'm sure she will quickly pick up reading skills and be an astute blogger very soon! I noticed that you thoughtfully gave credit to Keira when you published. Well done!

    Warmly,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete